That's Lend A Hand volunteers. - Anna
About Volunteering for Lend A Hand of Boulder City
Our service depends on volunteers. Over 70 Boulder City residents serve as volunteers, but more are needed to meet the increasing needs of the aging population. If you like to drive, visit with people, do household tasks, or office work, consider volunteering with Lend A Hand; hours and duties are flexible. Volunteers meet new people, learn about history, and are uplifted by knowing they make a positive difference for someone else.
Clients are comfortable with our volunteers who are caring neighbors and community members. Volunteers pass security checks and receive training prior to serving.
To volunteer, call the office or email us using the contact form.
- Driving Boulder City residents to appointments
- Assisting with grocery shopping and other errands
- Providing companionship
- Helping at home with minor repairs, housekeeping, meals
- Performing office work, data entry
- Serving on Board of Trustees and Committees
- Call the office to register for new volunteer training
- Complete application agreement and police security check (our cost)
- Select your preferred services and times (we are flexible)
- Respond to staff calls for your service (you can say no)
- Perform the service and return the signed service form to the office
- Provide feedback to the office
- Using your time to help someone in need
- Feeling a sense of purpose
- Sharing with others
- Learning from others
- Keeping skills fresh
- Socializing with new people, such as clients, other volunteers, people around town